Looking to learn how to eat passion fruit? If you haven’t grown up in a tropical location or been around much tropical fruit, you may be a bit unfamiliar with it. It’s delicious so it’s not a fruit you want to miss if you can get it.
Here’s the video:
How to Eat Passion Fruit – Main Points
- you can still eat it if the skin is wrinkled – some prefer it this way
- you can eat the seeds of a passion fruit
- it’s tangy and a bit sour
Wrinkly skin, still edible.
Great Ways to Use Passion Fruit
- a topping for fruit salad, muffin, yogurt, cereal and more
- in a smoothie (with banana is great)
- in desserts (seeds are often removed for this)
Smooth skin, also ready to eat.
Benefits of Passion Fruit
- antioxidants (can help protect your body from cancer by fighting free radicals)
- Vitamin C and Vitamin A help boost immune system
- potassium (helps balance blood pressure)
- iron: 20% of rda
- minerals like copper, magnesium and phosphorus
- fiber from the seeds
- eye healthy
So now you know how to eat passion fruit and why you should. It’s a great fruit to have around and when it’s in season, it’s usually plentiful. Enjoy!