Papaya (or pawpaw) is a super nutritious and tasty fruit. If you’re looking for some great ideas on how to eat it, I’ve got some for you!
Papaya is ripe when it turns orange, yellow or redish. Green ones are hard and not ripe. Longer pawpaw are sweeter than the rounder ones.
Ways to Eat Papaya:
- as an appetizer with strips of ham or prosciutto wrapped around it
- in a salsa with tomato, onion, coriander and lime
- in a salad with avocado, chicken, olive oil and a little vinegar or lime
- in a chutney with mango, red pepper, avocado, onion, coriander and balsamic vinegar
- in cookies with walnuts
- in bread
- jelly – blend it up and use some grass-fed gelatin to make it special.
One great thing about papaya is that it freezes so if you find a lot or a big one, freeze some in cubes until you want it. You can put it in a smoothie even.
Hopefully this has gotten you inspired to eat more pawpaw. Until next time!