Did you know you can eat aloe vera? I generally keep a plant around for burns and things of that nature but when I lived in South Korea, I would often see huge aloe leaves for sale (at the fancy supermarket). At that time I had no idea what they were used for but they were memorable! Aloe vera drinks have also been popular and perhaps this is why.
Why aloe vera is so good for you:
– it’s high in vitamin and minerals (like vit A, vit C, vit E, folic acid, B12 and other B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, zinc and more).
– contains amino acids
– contains fatty acids helpful in dealing with allergies and indigestion
– it’s an adaptogen which means it can help you deal with stress better
– aids in digestion
– aids in detoxification as it is a gel-like substance
– it’s an alkaline forming food
– boosts immune system due to polysaccharides
– it’s anti-bacterial, anit-fungal, anti-microbial and a germicide
– reduces inflammation
How to Eat it:
[facebook url=”https://www.facebook.com/tastemadeNourish/videos/1919941568289036/” /]